Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lines - we need them for a reason.

So when did we learn how to line up? I mean do you remember the "skill" of standing in an orderly line and waiting your turn. I learned that in Kindergarten. Probably before that - at least the waiting your turn part. So why is it that folks think that they are not supposed to wait in line for the bus? Picture this... Rainy nasty weather outside - noone wants to be out. It is still dark and just a mess. I turn the corner to get to the bus stop and there is one person standing one the block but not in the place you would stand if you were a sane person waiting for the bus. She is standing at about where the middle of the line would be if there was a line but not close to the curb - she is standing back towards the building. I could understand the close to the building thing if there was shelter there but there isn't. So Missy is standing in a weird place and then moves to stand right behind me. Not behind me where normal people stand on a line but behind me - in back of me. WTH!! I, of course, turn around and glare really hard at her. A couple of people joined the nown line in traditional fashion and I begin to relax and not shake my head. Then all of a sudden another idiot waltzes up and stands at the head of the line like the six of us were not standing there. I was going to strangle Dopey but I resisted only because I had to get to work. So the bus comes and stops in front of me and I got on first which is what I really wanted to do - even though I was not first - I was first on the line - waiting for my turn properly which is what we all learned in Kindergarten.

No comments: