Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reflections the morning (well afternoon) after...

I woke up at noon to a horoscope text message that said, "Your mind is racing in straight lines. Use this sudden period of mental activity to learn something. Connect the dots as the facts pour in.

After my party last night the facts sure are pouring in. In no particular order they are:
  1. My sister Daria really knows how to throw a great party. She and her team put together an amazing party.
  2. My friends and family love me immensely and the feeling is mutual.
  3. Taking a nap and Tylenol before dancing until 4 in the morning is a good idea.
  4. The people who showed up to share the occasion were the people that were supposed to be there.
  5. The people that did not make it missed the party of the year.
  6. Ernie the DJ - did his thing!! We danced until our old knees hurt and then we danced some more because the music was just that great.
  7. It is a beautiful thing to see new friends and old friends making friends with each other.
  8. I find 40 amazing!
I have committed to doing 40 new things this year and my guests graciously have offered some suggestions. Here are a few that I will share publicly.
  • Learn sign language
  • Write Gov. Sarah Palin and let her know she will not be the only female running in 2012
  • Kayaking
  • Trapeze School
  • Take a glass blowing class
  • Bikram Yoga
  • various travel suggestions and
  • volunteer opportunities.
I will keep track of all of the things I do this year and will be posting them here.

I also received some words of advice...
  • Dance like no one is watching - work like you don't need the money and love like you have never been hurt.
  • Smile a little - laugh a little
  • Live life like you mean it
  • Drive them boys crazy and let em treat you like a Queen
  • Keep dropping it like it's hot even when it is lukewarm
I love the advice and will do my best to remember it on days when things are not as glorious as the day after my amazing celebration of me.

1 comment:

Dan said...

happy birthday again. Your goals are awesome. keep us updated on how they go.